Old Mill Days Events
Saturday, 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Lumberjacks wield axes, crosscut saws, and power saws
in events such as the springboard chop, axe throw, singlebuck,
and hot saw, just to name a few. Look towards the spar poles
high above the lumberjack stage and you can see tree topping and
speed climbing. The precision and skill required for these events
is sure to leave a lasting impression in the minds of the whole
- Springboard Chop
- Axe Throw
- Speed Climb
- Standing Block
- Underhand Chop
Sunday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Sunday's Toughest Timberman Competition brings out grassroots local competitors. Come watch as they compete for cash and the title as the "Toughest Timberman". New this year are 2 divisions: Heavy and light weight. Double the fun and more money to be won!
- Axe Throw: 3 throws from (HW 15 ft / LW 12 ft) to target
- Log Toss: Throw Approx.(HW 8 ft / LW 6 ft)log for farthest distance
- Log Round Load Toss: 4 Incrementally heavier Log rounds (HW 100-170 lbs / LW 75-120 lbs) Thrown for fastest time
- Single Man Crosscut: Using a misery whip saw to cut through log Diameter (HW 1.5 ft / LW 1 ft) for Time
- Log Carry Obstacle Course: Fastest time carrying different logs (HW 80 lbs / LWF 60 lbs) on Shoulder across & around logs
- Skidder Tire Flip: (HW 700 Lbs / LW 500 Tire)Fastest time For Set Distance
Divisions: Heavy Weight (HW) 165 lbs and up
Light weight (LW) Under 165 lbs
Events and Weight Classes Subject to Change
Scoring: 10 points for 1st place per event
5 points for 2nd Place per event
3 points for 3rd place per event
Total all Points to determine overall placement
1st place: HW $300 and Trophy / LW $200 and Trophy
2nd Place: HW and LW $100
3rd Place HW and LW $ 50
Toughest Timberman Registration Toughest Timberman Sponsorship
As seen on the TV reality show SAW DOGS, the top ten chainsaw carvers in the WORLD will compete for cash and prizes. This show includes six 300 pound Ice Sculpture carvings every day!
1st: Steve Higgins
2nd: Thomas Vrba
3rd: Chris Folt
Saturday, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Sunday, 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Pro chainsaw carvers creating artistic pieces both days. See schedule for times.
Saturday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Experience the past, present and future of Washington's wonderful forest resources!
Come enjoy the exciting lumberjack show, wildlife & nature
exhibits and hike our forest trails! Interactive displays and
exhibits are fun and captivating for the whole family.
For additional information, please visit the Forest Festival page.
Presented by Pope
Resources and Olympic Resource Management.